


I guess technically I should have started with my honey Matt, but who's really that technical? :) Matt and I have been married 12 years this last December. I really can't believe it has been 12 years! I still remember telling my sister Michelle that I had no reason to tell Mom and Dad about him because it was going no where and our relationship was just for fun! Look at us now! I can't imagine how sick my poor mother was at the news her 17 year old was getting married! How did that come about you ask? Long story short Dad and I were fighting about the age difference between Matt and I and he said "Oh yea if you love him so much you should get married,I will sign the papers today!" I am sure my mother wanted to kill my dad right then! I am sure they thought nothing would come of it (prayed nothing would come of it is probably more accurate!). I went to Matt's and told him what Dad had said Matt's answer was "hmmm". End of discussion; I thought. A couple days later Matt, Tyler and myself were watching Sponge Bob at Matt's. Matt looked at me and says "hey do you wanna get married!" Seriously that is what I got! We laugh about it....now. Poor Matt knows he will live with me teasing him about his proposal for EVER! So at the young age of 17 a senior in high school I got married. I am not going to kid you and say it has been the easiest road, it definitely hasn't! But a road I would surely take again! I love him with all my heart. He is such an amazing husband, I have put him through a lot and he has taken it and loved me despite it! He is the only man I can imagine being the father of my children. The love my kids have for their dad is so special! To watch them all hang out and bond is so special to me. With out Matt I am not sure I would have survived this last year with out my mom. He has been such a rock for me, I know I can bury my head in his chest and just cry. He is my safe place to run. I can be very ungrateful when it comes to Matt, it is very easy for me to forget all the great things he does for me and our family and nit pick on the little things. I truly need to work on that. I love him with all my heart and pray there is never a day I have to face with out him. I love you Babe.

Easy to forget why sometimes...but they own our hearts. I'm glad you have him to lean on. I can't believe it's been 12 years. Crazy. Matt surely fits in with our craziness though...ya gotta give him that...
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how you can get so wrapped up in your own life (like me in high school) and not even know the stories of the people around you? I had no idea you got married when we were in high school! It's fun to hear your story! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that conversation between your mom and dad! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found me and I'll be checking back often.
How's your family?
Hey... I'm happy you found me!! I sure missed alot by moving out to good old SR. What a crazy story!... I'm glad to hear you're happy.
ReplyDeleteSo what happened with your Mom? I miss mine daily... I bet you can relate!
email me if you want at beckymsimmons@gmail.com
Seriously kim, I think you have the cutest kids ever. I LOVE the pic of Cylie in her swimsuit... oh I love her & how chubby she is getting. She is just delish!! Your blog is so cute too. I'm glad you found mine! I've sure enjoyed getting to know you & having Cylie here! You guys are the best... ;)
ReplyDelete