Lacey and I were talking on the way home from Tyler ’s wrestling match on Wednesday this is how it went...
Lacey: “Mom I hate Sally!” (the name has been changed to protect the innocent)
Me: “Lace hate is a strong word, what did Sally do?”
Lacey: “Sally told this boy that likes me that I like him back, when I told her I don’t like him.”
Me: “Ok so what you mean to say is your mad at Sally.”
Lacey: “Fine but I am REALLY mad at her cause now this boy hates me!”
Me: “WHAT??? How does that work? I thought this boy liked you first?
Lacey: “It is a “rule” (oh yes she used air quotes!) at our school that if a boy likes you and then the girl likes him back the boy HAS to hate her”
Me: “Well Sis that is just the dumbest thing I have ever heard! That is not how things work. Can you imagine Daddy telling me he loves me then I say it back to him then he has to hate me??? If this boy is going to go along with a dumb rule like that then he is just silly and isn’t worth the poop on my shoe(not my finest parenting advice, I know!)
Lacey Laughing hysterically: “Thanks mom I feel better!”
What can I say sometimes you have to get a little poo on your shoe to get a smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Kim I Love the blog! I think Myspace is going to be deleted and just do this! Love it! And you made me cry! You know how emotional I am! Lacey and Lex really need to get together!! I mean it! I will let you know when I update!!
ReplyDeleteKim Whitehead
What a great piece of advice! You are awesome! Made me giggle :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job, Kim! And she'll really appreciate that you recorded that moment, too, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteShe sounds like such a cutie.
Well, it's a good thing Auntie isn't in town. I would just go tell both of them that they are dumb and I would beat them (Sally an the boy) down for messing with MY Lacey!!
ReplyDeleteLove it, Kim! Glad you shared that - I'll remember the "poop on the shoe" comment for when Josie comes to me with the same thing . . .
ReplyDelete