Sorry Ladies I have once again won the Mother of the Year award! Just ask Lacey she will tell you exactly how FABULOUS I am! Last night at the dinner table she tells me she is supposed to wear something to school that shows somewhere she has visited. OK Not a problem, she has a few different options. So this morning she gets dressed in a shirt and she is going to bring her sweatshirt that says Minnesota. Then she decides she wants to wear her shirt she got from Florida. Well shocking as this may seem when I did laundry on Tuesday and asked her to put her clothes away, she apparently didn't, now this shirt is missing! (Tears from Lacey) Then she comes up with a plan, "Mom, can I write Minnesota on this shirt?" the shirt is one she got in MN and it says Swan Lake on it. I say "Why do you have to write on it, it says a place you have been?" then the story changes "No Mom it has to say a STATE I have visited!" Like duh what was I thinking!!! So I ask "Why has your story changed from last night?" (more tears from Lacey) "It didn't mom you just weren't listening!" I love when she says this! 9 times out of 10 I was listening she just didn't say what she thought she was saying! I calmly explain that we don't need to write on the shirt she has two sweatshirts that say a state she has visited therefore there is no reason to ruin her Swan Lake shirt. (More tears from Lacey) "YOU JUST DON"T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING!" is what she yells as she stomps out of the bathroom! She puts on her Swan Lake shirt with her MN sweatshirt over it throws on the hood so I can't see her face and doesn't speak to me the rest of the morning!
See I told you I win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know...I know...so fun. Just wait hon, it gets better. Sorry, at least you know that you're not the only one to become a complete idiot when your kid hits the tweens.
ReplyDeleteI get at least one "you're ruining my life!" comment every day. This is even better, though! What we have to look forward to!!! :)
ReplyDelete