1 Garbage bag from walmart.......20 cents
2 Large totes........$10.00
3 1/2 hours of time spent cleaning to hear this.........

I learned two things today mom. 1) Don't put stickers on the bed 2) You don't have to keep EVERYTHING!!!......PRICELESS!!!! 
A couple weekends ago Lacey and Bridger went to their Aunt Jen's to stay the night, I thought to my self how perfect I will have a chance to De-Junk their rooms. When I was a stay at home mom I would go into Lacey and Bridger's room about once a month and take out all the crap that seems to accumulate that they think are "treasures" it is impossible to throw the "treasures" away with them home which is why I would do it when they were gone. When I got up Sunday morning and pulled some stuff out from under Lacey's bed, it just kept coming, so I pulled the mattress off the bed, the second picture is what I found JUST under the bed!!! I was getting hotter and hotter the longer it took me to shovel it all out. As my blood was boiling I thought to myself, "Kim what are you doing? How is this going to teach her ANYTHING?????" So I stopped with the mattress off the bed and all the junk in the middle of the floor! I went to Jen's to get Lacey because it was time to clean her room! She was horrified! I made her toss things she didn't need I made her go through her mountains of books that she is outgrowing and make three piles one pile of books for Bridger one pile that she has outgrown but thinks Cylie would like and one pile of the books she has outgrown but can't possible live without! We then did this with all of her toys as well! It was funny to hear her go through the toy box "Wow Mom I thought I lost this!" I would laugh and say "Well it is funny what you can find when you can SEE what is in the toy box!" I hope she will remember at least for a little while how good it feels to be in a clean room! She has spent so much more time in there since we cleaned it! She says it feels better to hang out in there now! After how long it took us in her room I didn't have the energy to tackle Bridger's room, so hopefully we can find a little time this weekend for it, with all the Easter festivities this weekend it might get pushed off another weekend!I can't believe how fast time is going, last week was full of training for work and this week I am playing catch up. I have also been dealing with a tooth ache for a while now, thinking it would go away and not wanting to spend my little bit of money I have managed to save up to go see Lori this summer on the dentist! I have waited and hoped it would go away....alas it has not! UGH! I hate the dentist, I get all worked up over it. I can remember being a child waiting in the chair for the dentist, they put the gas on and left for what seemed like for ever! I remember having a small panic attack I think it was on for too long or it was too strong, then the pain of it all! UGH! Ever since then I have such anxiety when it comes to the dentist! But the pain is sooooo bad that I am afraid if I don't go it will cause a much bigger problem with infection and things like this! So my dear friends today is the day, I have all day long to sit and ponder and get worked up about going! Wish me luck!!!!!!!

I have a bag in my garbage can that is full of toys I pulled out of Sabrina's toy box yesterday that, if she saw it, she would totally freak out over. But, I am sure that she wont even notice them gone! I try so hard to get her to keep her room clean...but it only lasts for a few days! Ahhh! As for the dentist, I totally feel your pain. I went about two years ago and was told I had a cavity. So, what did I do? Moved to NM and ignored it. I finally bit the bullet and went back and was told that it might be a root canal....yikes! Learned my lesson! But, the good news is, they have improve things since we were kids and it really hardly hurt at all! So, good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the dentist. I know it is a pain (literally) but if it get worse....it costs more to fix. ick... I can so relate to the dejunking! Kev's room is a constant mess. He's going to have to get a handle on it before he leaves...or I will. hehehehe Never a good thing to have your Mom rooting around in your room. Especially if you won't be home for 2 years to see what got thrown out. See you in 34 days!! I love you!
ReplyDeleteI know you know this but I'm going to say it anyway -- get your tooth fixed or it will end up costing you SO much more!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck -- hope it's not as bad as you are anticipating.
AND, good job on those rooms! My whole house feels like it needs that right now...