Thursday, April 16, 2009

My head is spinning!!!!!!


WOW doesn't even begin to explain the last week. It has been pure madness! First I had my whole dentist ordeal on Wednesday and Friday of last week. I mentioned Cylie was getting sick towards the end of the week! If I only knew how sick she would be! Matt took her to the Dr on Friday, they sent him home with a decongestant for her and said she was fine. So he believed them and took her to daycare so he could go finish a job. I picked her up after I was done at work and she looked horrible. She was so rattly when she would breath and her sides were pulling pretty hard, which means she was working VERY hard to breath. I took her home to give her the medicine the Dr gave her.....within seconds of her taking the medicine she was vomiting!!! A LOT!!! I thought wow that is weird so I waited a while and tried again, with the same outcome! BUGGER! So I bagged it gave her a breathing treatment and sent her off to bed.

Saturday morning I had to run to wal-mart for some last minute Easter dinner items so Michelle and I got up early to beat the rush! I brought the medicine with me to chat with the pharmacist. He looked at her and said they didn't give her anything but a decongestant??!??!!? OK first red flag, if the pharmacist is concerned then truly I am not over reacting and my kid really is sick! He said if she was my kid I would leave here now and go back to the doctor. So that is what I did. At this point it is 9:00 I am feeling pretty good time wise, we had a Easter egg hunt to attend but it wasn't until 11:00 I wasn't worried. It took no time at all to get us in because we were one of the first people to get there. The visit on the other hand lasted 2.5 hours!!!!!!! They did testing and x-rays and blood saturation levels and so on and so on. We finally had an answer three little letters RSV. I had no idea these three little letters strung together could cause so much trouble! My poor little girl's oxygen levels were only 86! In my 5 years of having Bridger with his asthma I have NEVER seen him dip below 90! I knew she was one sick little girl! Bridger has had pneumonia TWICE and he has never been that low! So they packed us up with more prescriptions and instructions. He said if I was a "normal" Mom he would have admitted her to the hospital! I guess it pays to not be normal uh! He felt comfortable with the fact that we have a nebulizer at home and I have nursed a sick little boy back to health numerous times before! So home we went to try and fight this out. Needless to say Cylie and I missed the first egg hunt! I was bummed I like watching my kids have fun with that. Anyway we spent Saturday at home trying to force drugs and breathing treatments. Cy couldn't keep the steroid down either, much like the cough syrup. I knew she needed it to calm her airways, I knew it was going to be a long night, sure enough it was!

Thankfully the kids slept in on Easter Morning, yes I even had to wake Bridger up! I could tell Cylie was not any better! Lacey and Bridger rummaged through there baskets and were so excited for the fun things they found. We found the eggs that silly bunny hid.
Cylie lasted a while then fell asleep. I took this time to hurry and get ready for the day and make my part of what I was bringing for Easter dinner at Dad's. It was a mad rush, I knew the doctor would take at least an hour and it was 11:15 by the time I got done with everything. Dinner was to be a 1:00. Off to the doctor we went. Her oxygen levels were at 87! Only one point higher. They gave her a shot of the steroid because she couldn't take the oral version and sent us on our way. Dinner at dad's was fun. We did another egg hunt for the kids since I missed the first one. We had our usual, ham and cheesy potatoes YUMMO! We hung out for awhile then headed home. Cylie seemed to be doing a little better, still not great! Sunday was another LONG night!

I took Monday off a) so I could take Cylie to the doctor again and b) I was sooooo tired I wasn't sure I would have been able to keep my eyes open! We headed to the Doctor just after 9:00 and spent the next two hours wondering what to do. Her oxygen levels were back down to 86! He felt it was time to put her on oxygen. I was ok with it until they brought the tank into the room. My eyes filled with tears, not for the reasons you may think. When I saw that machine it felt like someone opened my chest and ripped out my heart. Let me explain. The day my mom came home from the Dr with her oxygen tank she was so upset. I kept trying to tell her it was ok it was just for awhile, over and over I told her this. She tried to explain to me she wasn't upset about the oxygen it's self it was how it made her remember her dad when he had his. I tried to tell her just because grandpa had oxygen and didn't live without it again that she would not be like that. Had I listened to what she was really saying maybe I could have been more sympathetic. What she was trying to say was how it made her feel when she thought of the memories of her father on the oxygen. Seeing that dumb tank I lost it, every memory of her fighting to breath came rushing back to me. Then the guilt settled in, if I just would have been a better daughter and listened to what she was saying instead of trying to keep her mind off of it and rushing past her true feelings, maybe she could have felt better about it all. UGH! I felt horrible, but yet a good lesson to be learned, Kim shut your mouth and really listen, let them feel what they feel and just listen! Anyway back to Cylie, they gave her another oxygen test a few minutes after they hooked her up and it shot her levels up to 95! I was happy for that! So we left with this little baby and an oxygen tank bigger than she is. It is so sad to see her with the tubes. She finally slept better.
Tuesday I had to go work so it was up to Matt. I was a little nervous about this, I knew how hard it had been on Monday and Matt isn't always the most patient man. He did pretty good. Cylie's oxygen levels came up to 90 (they took off the oxygen for a while). She was doing better but still needed the oxygen. They said he didn't have to bring her back in until Thursday. She slept good and actually ate almost 6 oz of formula when I got home Tuesday night.

Wednesday Matt got to experience a day like I had on Monday. Cy was really fussy she only wanted to be held which would be fine if she would hold still but she doesn't it's like wrestling match! She was super fussy all day. I got home and Matt left to go work on his resume and fill out some job applications. I think he needed a breather! Poor guy! She didn't sleep great but not horrible.

Now for today Matt is home with her again. He took her to the Dr and of course the Dr that has been seeing us since Saturday, felt like he needed a day off HOW RUDE! So my poor husband got stuck seeing the Dr that on Friday of last week said Cy was fine. It didn't go well, Cylie is doing better and is on the up and up and should be able to get off the oxygen by the weekend. The doctor second guessed the other Dr that had helped us all weekend! SERIOUS! Matt wasn't happy at all! He had her listen really quick to Bridger because he of course woke up with a fever this morning. This lady charged us double what the Dr that saw us all weekend charged plus she charged Matt 30 bucks to listen to Bridger breath! CRAZY! So I guess we will try and get Bridger better and hope Cy doesn't get whatever he has.

As life goes on around us I wish I had more time for all of it. Michelle's baby tried to make an early entrance into the world last night, thankfully he wasn't successful! I felt bad she had to take Brook to the hospital with them for fear of her getting Cylie's bug. So they are all beat today! I hope little Cooper can wait another week or two so we can make sure this bug has run it's course through our family so I can see him when he comes. Then my best friend Becky let me know last night that her older sister Nancy has thyroid cancer. I fell to pieces again! Nancy was just like a big sister to me. She has taught me so many things and treated me no differently than her other sisters. I was so crushed! I HATE cancer! It is so horrible. Why does it seem to get the good ones? Her doctors say they got it in time and she will be fine, but it is still so scary. After her treatment she will have to be in isolation for 10 days. What torture, to have to be alone during one of the most loneliest times of your life. So I am asking you all dear readers please keep Michelle and her baby and Nancy in your prayers I would be forever grateful! I hope your Easter weekend was much more enjoyable!

5 comments:

  1. Wow is all I can say. I wish I was there to help you - You know I would if I was! Is all I can do is send some prayers heavenward for you and send a ginormous hug across the miles. I hope that helps somehow! Hang in there! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you really don't need to have all this drama in your life, just so you can have an exciting blog:cP Sorry that life is so sucky now. You must be a strong woman! There is nothing worse than having a helpless little sick one! I took Sabrina to the dentist and they tried to put the laughing gas on her and she freaked out, it was all I could do to not cry: and that was just getting her teeth filled! Love you! Keep strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh!!! Whywhywhy am I here instead of there?? I keep telling myself that you guys are learning to rely on the Lord instead of having me jump in the way all the time...but I gotta say...I HATE THIS!!!! I should be there. I should have been there to cry with you when they brought out the air tank. I should have been there to sit with Brook while Les took Michelle. I SHOULD BE THERE!!! I don't get it. I just don't get it. I feel so helpless. My hands are so tied. I might as well be in Siberia. I am so sorry....I am praying so hard for you guys. Try to keep fighting...I know you will. You and Michelle are daughters of the strongest woman I know. I love you all and miss you so much that it causes me physical pain. Stay strong. I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...and thanks for the pics!!! I LOVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic of Matt holding Cy with her fav blankie made me almost cry. Poor baby girl. I'm not a Dr. & I knew that decongestant was crap.... she did sound horrible! Poor girl, I"m glad she's on the mend though. WE miss her lil' sass around here! I think the only way your luck can go is UP from here...

    ReplyDelete