Thursday, March 17, 2011
A big heart!
My little Bridger boy has a heart the size of Texas. He always sees the best in people, even when he shouldn't! He gives people more credit then they deserve, this includes me! He is just like his Grandma and has a soft spot in his heart for kids with special needs. Michelle told me a story that melted my heart. My Mother had the privilege of helping many special needs children in her career. One child happened to be my sister Michelle's best friends little girl. Michelle told me that Jenny told her how Bridger likes to hold Taylor's hand while they walk down the hall. He is very protective of her. I told Bridger how Grandma loved Taylor and helped her when she was little, and now he is glued to her. He will come home and tell me stories of Taylor and Julian. Julian is a little boy also in Bridger's class that has special needs. Bridger tells me of the things Julian likes to do, and how they are friends. I guess Julian likes to play with barbies and my little pony's. Instead of Bridger making fun of a boy for playing such things, Bridger joins in. Two weeks ago Bridger came home with a little note he had written himself, a little reminder of sorts. I asked what it was, he opened up and read. "March 17th is Julian's birthday." He said Mom can I please get him a gift. I said sure bud, thinking he would forget. HAHAHA, well he didn't he reminded me 2 times. Last night as we were headed to take Lacey to volleyball Bridger says "Mom what's the date?" I say "It's the 16th, why?" "Oh my gosh we have to go get Julian a present!!!" I say "ok, can Dad do it, I am tired and have lots of things to do!" "So I can't pick it out then?" was his reply. I felt so awful, so I gave in and we all went to walmart to pick out a toy. He was dead set on a Barbie or a My Little Pony. I wasn't sure how Julian's parents would feel about this, but Bridger was adamant! So a My Little Pony it was. As we wrapped the present for Julian, you could see the pure love and excitement Bridge had. He look at me with his huge brown eyes and said " Mom, I am so excited! I am going to help make this Julian's best Birthday EVER!!!" I knew in that moment my Mom was a very proud Grandma! Her big tender heart has been passed down to Bridger! I can't tell you how much I love that little boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie! His Mama taught him well! It gives me hope that my little boy will not be all pee and bad words like everyone else is telling me!! :cD
ReplyDeleteHe is so incredibly sweet. You should be very proud indeed. I know our Mama is so proud in moments like these.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great mom and your childern are beautiful, keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete