Thursday, March 10, 2011

$88.00

Strange title I know, so let me explain.....It all started a few years ago when both of Matt's business went under. One do to the Economy and one do some one's sticky fingers(that our locals finest never did anything about, but hey I guess it's not illegal to embezzle money or forge documents, or steal someone ss# and open false accounts.) It has been a rough time for my little family, a little to hard sometimes. Matt got lucky here and there with jobs. He did really well for over a year when he was building a house for someone. It wasn't the kind of money he was used to making, but hey it kept us a float. During Christmas I had to take on another job for fear my kids wouldn't even have a tiny Christmas. It was a struggle! I missed my kids and Matt. I decided it wasn't worth not seeing them for days at a time just for Christmas, so they would have to do with even less then I thought, but they are kids and they would be ok. When I came to terms with not being able to give them all that my heart desired my eyes were opened to all the good around me. I had an Aunt and Uncle give us some money as well as a very dear friends family. I was so happy to have an answer to my prayers. I know this sounds silly it's just toys and such but I wasn't sure how to explain to my 7 year old that the DS he had on his Christmas list for a whole year wasn't going to come. It was very hard for Matt and I to swallow our pride and admit we needed help, but we did. I am truly blessed with such amazing people who love and care for me and my family. I hope to one day pass that Christmas gift forward.

Anyway back to $88.00...Matt has been out of work for over 4 weeks now, nothing has panned out and no one has extra money to fix up their homes. We were living on my measly paychecks, which I am so grateful for, how ever after adding up my bills for the next two weeks, we will have a sad total of $88.00 left to live on for two weeks of food and gas and anything else that seems to pop up!!! Are you kidding me!?!?! $88.00!! How was I going to stretch that? It takes $40.00 just in my gas tank for the week! I was beyond sick about it, I was in tears everyday! Pleading with the Lord to help us out! Just when it seemed their was no light at the end of the tunnel for us, Matt got a call on Friday March 4th. He is now a full time employee for Simplot Don Plant. Can I tell you how Michelle and I did a dance in my office! Thankfully no agents showed up! HAHAHA! It is still going to be a hard few weeks since he doesn't start until the 21st, but he had a job line up for next week, so we will make it! I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to not only be able to pay my bills but to put some away in savings! I am excited to think of all the things I can now provide my kids that I was worried about, you know like summer clothes! Haha, oh the little things!! I can't wait for my account to have more than $88.00 left! Here is to a great and wonderful 2011!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya! Part time job and going to school reek havoc on the bank account. And then there are those fun things: like root canals that think they should be priority! Sheesh!
    Well, congrats to Matt! Glad that there is a light at the end of your tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Amazing blessings!!! You are amazing and I'm so happy for you and Matt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously the strongest person I know. You have skrimped and learned to budget and you've also learned the difference between what your kids want and what they need. (A lesson I too had to learn the hard way) You have learned these all while keeping your sense of humor and your sanity. You are amazing and I am SO thankful that Matt got this job. Your family will be able to begin to practice the lessons you've learned over the last few years. You rock my shrub....you ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete