Friday, February 12, 2010
Valentines Day
What can I say it's Valentines Day AGAIN. Not quiet sure where the two years went since the day my life changed forever. I would like to think I am a stronger woman then I was two years ago, but I am not sure I am. I would like to say my life is in a happier place now then it was two years ago, but I am not sure it is. I would like to say this Valentines day hurts less, but it doesn't. I HAVE figured these last two years that I am a fighter, I have also figured out I have amazing friends and family. I have also seen a new side of my father, that I am grateful for. So even if I can't say it's easier or that I have it all figured out, I can say I will be OK. Maybe not happy all the time, or know what the heck I am doing...but I will make it, I will do the best I can with the hand I have been dealt, after all that is exactly what my Mom would want. Really that is all I can do is try my very hardest to do her proud! I love you Mom and miss you EVERYDAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love you even more for these posts. I didn't know your mom well at all, but I belice every word you said about her goodness.
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to be honest about your emotions with this loss. It just seems like the best way to cope with something this difficult.
Hugs, prayers, and thoughts to you today.
Keep fighting...you are my inspiration. You have SO much going on in your life. If I start to complain a bit, I just think of you trudging through and kick myself in the ass. If you can do everything you do and still come out on the other side fighting like mad, then certainly I can carry my wimpy load just a bit further. You are amazing. I know for a fact that Mom is so stinking proud of her baby girl. If Michelle is the smartest of the sisters, you are definitely the strongest. I love you and am a better person just because of your example.
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteBecause I love Lori, I love you too! All three of you sisters (and your dad too) are in my prayers. If you lived closer we could have forced you to make cakepops too...our coping mechanisms here in Minnesota all involve food!
Your mom is beautiful!!! From the sounds of it she was amazing, and I see that Mama coming out in you all the time!
ReplyDelete