Bridger turns the BIG 6!

Bridger was very excited to turn 6 because he would need two hands to show people how old he is! Bridger is such a light in my life! I love that little man! We had his party at the pool with Brook. Then on his real birthday we had cake and did presents. It almost killed him to wait all day until we were all together to open them. I let him pick out his cake at Walmart (yes I am THAT kind of Mom!) He loves picking them out. He choose a batman cake, that was "just a white kind mom!"
Lacey and I were bummed for no chocolate, but hey it's his birthday so I let him have it that way! He got to pick where we went to dinner, he choose Rupes! I was glad it wasn't McDonald's!!! We went home for cake and ice cream. As I cut the cake I noticed something was very wrong with this cake. It was very...moist! I served everyone then looked closer at it. The cake had this liquid coming out of it! I was like oh great we are all going to get sick. Well not all of us I didn't have any cake! Hehe, just the rest of them! They all took one bite and stopped eating it. I was so mad, Bridge was so excited for his cake! So I called Walmart and complained. Looking back I must have sounded like a complete idiot!!! ME: "Hi my name is Kim I ordered a cake and when we cut it to serve, there was a bunch of liquid that came out. I can squeeze it and liquid runs everywhere!" WALMART EMPLOYEE "Really Ma'am that's really weird. We have never had a problem with something like this." ME: "I know we order cakes all the time and never have a problem. W E: "I will check in with the bakery please come in for a refund" ME: "OK thanks!" So I get off the phone and go to throw the cake away, I look on the label and it says TRES LECHE! What in the world is that I say, Matt says um it's a milk cake Kim no wonder liquid was coming out of it! OK I get dummy of the day! But really I didn't order that remember Bridger JUST WANTED A PLAIN WHITE CAKE! I felt so dumb I am sure the W E just laughed at the dumb girl! Bridger loved his presents and ice cream! He is doing really well in Kindergarten and can't wait for summer! He is already talking about soccer! He wants to make more then 2 goals this year "It's my plan mom!" He has the most amazing smile and eyes! I love this kid! Happy Birthday Reggie!

happy birthday little man! looks like you had a ton of fun!
ReplyDeletei love the cake story...as i was reading, i was thinking maybe it was an ice cream cake :) That's awesome!
...first, Happy Birthday to Bridger! Second, I can't stop laughing! First I was thinking, wow, what was wrong with the cake...until I kept reading! So hilarious! Most people like that kind of cake, I'm not a fan...it grosses me out, like flan :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that I am not the only person posting months back. And I am also THAT kind of mom that lets her kids pick out cakes at Wal-Mart. Is there any other way? :)
ReplyDeleteAh, my little Reggie. He melts my heart every time I look into those big eyes. He really is an angel....a very active angel ;) I couldn't love him more and of course he is Uncle Jim's favorite nephew EVER! Hug him for me and tell him I think about him all the time.
ReplyDelete