Thursday, February 26, 2009

* Bowling Bonanza*

Holy cow where has the week gone? Work has been crazy this week so I haven't had time to post our fun bowling trip with my sister Michelle and her family, my family, Dad, and Michelle's sister in-law Sue and her son Pat.Tyler was here for the weekend so we thought we would do something fun. Matt and I took the kids bowling a couple weekends before. I thought Matt had a horrible time, so when he suggested that we do it again I was shocked! We have been playing the wii version of bowling at home,let me just say how annoying it is to get beat by a 5 year old EVERY time! I guess Matt forgot we weren't wii bowling his first time up, seriously if I wasn't afraid of him getting so mad we were going to leave I would have laughed out loud! He got up there and placed himself so strategically and concentrated, he started his approach and thought he was a Pro in real life, somehow he slipped and went half way down the lane, it was so dang funny to watch! But like I said for fear of making the kids leave when we just got started I shot a look at Lacey and her friend that said if you laugh you die! He got up and recovered like a champ and made a joke of it! Then we kinda chuckled! I told him to remember we aren't playing the wii this is for real! Lacey loved it! Bridger thought he was hot stuff! Bridger and Brook can only handle one game before there attention span has hit it's max! For any of you that haven't bowled with two 5 years old kids let me just say save all your patience for the week, you will need ALLOT of it! We let them roll the ball themselves and sometimes we wondered if the ball would even make it down the alley! Sometimes it would take so long for the ball to get down to the end Bridger would lay on the floor to wait for it!His victory jumps where pretty fun too! The second time we went both Lacey and Bridger got STRIKES! Crazy! Lacey hopes to make this a weekend tradition, I told her not to get her hopes too high with that, but we will try and go as often as possible. This weekend is going to be busy we got word on Monday that Tyler will be getting to go to State Wrestling this weekend. We are so excited for him! We were pretty bummed when his districts didn't go as well as we hoped! He got hosed by that darn clock! Every time he would get his guy in a good spot to pin him the time would run out and they would have to re-set or whatever you call it! He did a great job and we are so proud of him! I am not sure why he ended up getting to go after all I haven't gotten the full story but whatever the reason we wish him LUCK! Well I better get back to the grind! I have told myself I am going to get all the things done at the office that I hate doing and always put off, so wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. thankyouthankyouthankyou for the pictures!! I love Bridger's victory pose! So cute. My Cylie bug is getting so big. I can't believe it. Oh my how I miss them. Good luck to Tyler...way to go, man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your husband to feel bad because I have seen MANY people fall bowling before... maybe even I have once or twice! What a fun family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean tell your husband NOT to feel bad!! whoops

    ReplyDelete