Today we would have been celebrating my Mom's 58 birthday. I am heart sick today that she is not here to let the grand kids blow out her candles and sing happy birthday to her! However heart sick I am, my Mom would want me to be happy today, she would want me to carry on the best I can and make the day a special one! So in her honor I think I will buy a cake tonight (why buy it? Because I am to lazy to make one! Although a warm chocolate cake right from the oven with nothing on it does sound good! That was one of Mom's favorites!) and let the kids blow out her candles and we will all tell one of our favorite things or stories about her. She was the best mother, grandmother, wife, sister, friend and mentor a person could have. She has taught me so much in the short time she was here, now it is up to me to remember them and live by them. I do so hope to make her proud. In honor of my mother I am asking all of you daughters and sons (or whom ever may be reading this) to please take the time today to call your parents and let them know that you love them, I would give anything to be able to say that to my mother just one more time!



Thats a great idea!! I will be thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteWow I can't believe it's already been a year. I miss your mom alot too. It's crazy how much she comes to my mind and I think of her. She had a huge impact on my life. More than anyone probabley knows. I know I was in your family for those few years for a reason and am so grateful for that time in my life. Your mom is an amazing woman and loved by all who know her. Keep your chins up. You know she's mad that we are all sad right now. So blow out the candles and make good wishes and memories of her today. Love u guys!!! Jenny
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Aunt Connie! Eat a piece of cake for me, K! I will be sure to call my parents...love you guys!
ReplyDeleteJenny,
ReplyDeleteemail me your blog I can't find it! Love ya!
kmel2@yahoo.com
I think this is such a neat way to commemorate your mom, Kim. You are really a neat example and you make me remember how much I do love and appreciate my mom.
ReplyDeleteAgain, thanks for sharing.
Wow...we had the same thought. But I made pie crust cookies...no pie. Naked chocolate cake sounds good too. Have fun with Michelle and the kids tonight. Kiss them and keep your chins up!! tehehehe
ReplyDeleteAhhh Kim, my heart aches for you! I hope you enjoyed your cake tonight!
ReplyDeleteSending you lots of love and hugs!!
ReplyDeleteI truly feel for you!! I'm thinking about you and what you are going through today and through the weekend... You are not alone!!
ReplyDeleteKim, I just keep thinking how this whole experience is rubbing off on Lacey and how truly awesome that is! You are handling it so well and being such a good example to your own daughters by loving your mom so much! That bond you are making with them through your mom is so neat! I liked your post about how Valentines truly was an appropriate day for your mom to go. The day celebrating LOVE! I think I will think of that every Valentine's Day from now on. You're awesome.
ReplyDelete