Friday, February 20, 2009

2 days with Bridger

So my little man came down with something on Tuesday of this week. For those of you who don't know he was unfortunate enough to get my mom's asthma. Thankfully it seems to be the kind that only acts up from allergies and or a cold. Most kids can fight colds fairly well but with Bridger if your not on top of it, it can turn to bronchitis or pneumonia very fast! He seems to be growing out of it a little bit as he gets bigger. Only occasionally do we have to go to the doctor for an antibiotic now instead of EVERY cold! Well this cold/allergy attack we weren't so lucky. My boss was out of town on Wednesday for meetings so Bridger came to work with me so we didn't have to close the office. He did pretty good! Poor kid was bored to tears! He wasn't doing well still on Thursday so I took the day off to take him to the doctor. Matt has been out of town so it has been all up to me. Let me just say it was nice to spend some Bridger and Mommy time. This is the first time I have been a "working" Mom. I used to run a daycare, then for about a year a worked with a friend cleaning houses so I was only away from him for a few short hours a day. I didn't realize how much I have missed of him growing up. I notice it with Cylie because she is changing so much so fast. With Bridger I guess it has been more subtle. Here are some fun things he said while we were chilling.

Bridger: "Mom, why did you bring a banana with you?"

Me: "I thought it would be yummy to eat"

Bridger: "Oh Mom that's LAME!"

I laughed out loud! LAME really did he call me lame for bringing a banana to work?

At Walmart after the doctor we were waiting to get his medicane he was playing with the blood pressure machine.

Bridger: "Mom come here!"

Me: "I can't or I will loose my place in line."

He sits at the machine a minute then comes running to me

Bridger: "Mom that machine is totally WICKED!"

Me again laughing out loud! Really did my 5 year old say the blood pressure machine was wicked!
Too funny! He was full of these fun sayings for the two days we were together. I must say I have missed my little man and was surprisingly thankful he was sick!

1 comment:

  1. OH...I miss him so much. I can't believe how grown up he is getting. I am SO glad you've started blogging. I do feel like I miss a little less this way. I could use some more random pics of the kids. Get Michelle to do a blog...OK? Give that little man a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete