Thursday, September 16, 2010

Still here...

Pain, Pain go away, Please don't EVER COME BACK! Why was I blessed with such awful teeth? Why do I have such anxiety when I have to go? My mouth has been hurting for a while. I keep ignoring it because I know it is going to cost an arm and a leg to fix. Ya see I was blessed missing two permanent teeth so I have to baby teeth left, well I think they have lasted as long as they are going to. THEY ARE KILLING ME! I can't ever find a dentist I trust that doesn't hurt me, or charge me a small fortune. Why can't I find one that will take payments and not treat me like a criminal for not being able to pay them all at once? WHY OH WHY? I hate finding a new dentist. I have to though, the pain is starting to give me an earache, I almost can't function anymore. But then the thought of the dentist sets in and I start to have a panic attack. UGH! Am I alone in this feeling? I know they aren't mean people that want to hurt me, I hate that I can't get over my childhood trauma. So here I sit trying to figure out my next step!! I don't know how much more I can take!

I keep meaning to bring my camera to load pictures for a new post but I keep forgetting! Sorry, I will try to remember!! I hope you are all well!

6 comments:

  1. Heck no you are not alone!! i absolutely HATE, HATE, HATE the dentist! I started getting a root canal on our honeymoon...how miserable is that!

    I found an amazing dentist here, i travel out to richmond to see him...but he is amazing and they are great w/ payment. You would have to travel about an hour in a half to see him :) ha!

    I wish i knew a good one...try asking Abbie - she is a hygenist so she might know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That is funny I just txt Amanda to ask where Abbie works! I hate hate hate the dentist, such my luck to hate it so bad and get stuck with bad teeth. I wouldn't be apposed to driving if the dentist was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have bad teeth. I was once told that my Mom must have had an infection when my teeth were forming because...they suck. I really and truly feel your pain :) A lot of the dentists here use something called care credit. It is payment plans for your dental needs. I haven't looked into it more than picking up a brochure, but maybe you could go to their website and see if they have a list of dentists in your area that take them. Also, you could call 1-800-dentist. They are supposed to have dental ratings. Whatever you do, get yourself in soon. I promise you, those drugs make all the difference in the world! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Care credit is a pretty universal payment option. I'd definitely ask about it before making any appointments. If the dentist has it, you should be just fine (just need to have good enough credit to be approved).
    Also, seriously, don't wait to go to the dentist. If the abscess is in the right place, the infection can actually travel into your brain. When that happens it's bad, bad news. Call around, see who takes Care Credit (I think it's usually 3 months interest free and you pay interest after that). It would cost more, of course, but you might want to consider a dentist who practices sedation -- it could really help ease your anxiety.
    A good dentist is worth traveling for, but I hope you find one close by!
    Good luck and I'm pulling for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sowwy shrub. I wish I could fix this for you. Alas...I cannot. I seem to be unable to fix anything lately. Hang in there. I'll see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope your root canal goes okay today.....I sorry for your bad luck!!

    ReplyDelete