Lacey Rae was born 3 weeks early and still weighed 7 lbs and was 20 inches long. Her poor little head was so cone shaped, poor kid got stuck! It was an awful delivery! The doctors let me labor for 14 hours and push for 2 before they finally took her c-section! I was so tired by the time she got here! But man I was so excited! I will never forget when I finally got to hold her I spoke so quietly to her and she turned her little head to look at me. She new me and I knew her! We were meant to be mother and daughter! We are so similar it's almost scary, I think she was watching a little to closely while she was waiting for her turn. I find myself getting on her alot about things, things I used to do, that I wish I hadn't. It's hard for me to sit back a little bit and let her find her own way...you know as much as a parent can. She is fun, she loves to rock out in the car with the windows down! We laugh a lot, but I need to make more time for that with her! She is sensitive, she always wants the world to be fair. She never wants her friends or family to be sad. She is a helper, most of the time! She loves her little sister. I am so thankful she and Cylie will get to experience the joys of sisterhood! I can't imagine my life without my sisters! She is very smart. She doesn't give herself enough credit about how smart she really is. I hope going into the 6th grade she can buckle down and really work at it! She is a great swimmer! I have found such joy in watching her grow in this sport. Man I was a wreck during her first swim meet! I get so choked up with PRIDE as she finishes each race! She makes our family complete! For her party this year I told her she could only have 3 friends...let me tell you the endless sleep this caused her! "But Mom I don't want to hurt so and so's feelings and Mom so and so doesn't know the other girls so what if she feels left out"...and on and on it went! I finally told her she had to choose time was running out. It was finally decided, she had Noelle, Madi and, Jenna. They had a great time. We did Mr. Pizza for dinner on Friday and had Lacey blow out the candles on the Dessert Pizza Yummo!
The girls stayed the night, and on Saturday morning I took them to the bead shop to make watch bands. They had a good time. It was fun!

On Sunday we had her family party. Only Michelle and her family and Dad could make it but that's ok! She had fun and loved her gifts. Matt and I got her a cell phone this year. She has been begging for one.
The only reason she got one is out of necessity! Now her phone is cooler than mine! She was super excited about it! She also got a new bike. The Bike was going to be her big gift but we had to get the phone anyway so we threw it in as a present too! It kind of overshadowed the bike but oh well! She did get a cake, she picked it out from Wal-mart! Sorry I am just not that Mom that has the patience to make one I wish I were, but I know my limitations! I would end up sad because the cake wouldn't turn out like it looked in my minds eye! So I just leave it to good ol Wal-mart!
I can't believe how fast they are all growing. It seems like just yesterday Lori and I took the Winnie the pooh bib to my Mom's office to tell her the news of Lacey's impending arrival! I am so thankful she was in trusted to us, I hope we can do it right! Happy Birthday My Lacey Lu!***A BONUS PICTURE***
How stinking cute is that? She just loves her Tyler!

I just love that Lu. She was (and is) such a bright spot in my life as well. I will be forever thankful for the opportunity I had to babysit her for you. That gave us such a bond...She is an angel and I love her so much.
ReplyDeleteHELLO!!! That pic of Cy ROCKS!!!
Of course the cell phone was a hit! ANd how cute is that pic of Cy... she looks huge in that pic.. SAD.. we miss her!
ReplyDeleteOh Lacey Lu!! You are the Bomb and so is your Mom!! haha, that ryhms!! heheheh, Love you all!!
ReplyDelete