Wednesday, September 30, 2009

~TO MY GJO~

Ok I am a HUGE slacker! This is true! I have been in a funk lately. I am not sure why, I don't know how it happened. But alas I am. I am so sad summer is gone already! It went so fast and I feel like I got nothing accomplished! Maybe this is why I am in a funk! I hate feeling like that! I am going to try and do better managing my time so that I can get everything done, but man between work and kids and life I feel very bogged down!
Ok I will stop with the ranting! I have so much to post about but again was in such a rush to get out the door I left the camera at home! Lucky for me the pictures I need of Jimi Jo are on my computer, so today I will give Jo her a very LATE birthday shout out!
My niece Jimi Jo turned 16 years old on the 20th. Let me just say WOW really 16! How can this be? Jo is such an amazing person! She and I have always been so close. I don't think I could ever put into words what this kid means to me! When Lori and her family moved, I was crushed! I knew all of the things I would be missing with her! I would miss our girl time when she would come stay for the weekend with me, we would laugh and be silly. Ride down main street in Driggs and sing with all the windows down. Or we would go to the drive in and eat yummy bad for you food! Or she would help me paint something or just hang out! She is just the coolest kid ever! Jo has the kindest spirit she wants to help everyone and make sure everyone is happy. She is always there to lend me an ear to listen to my woes or a helping hand to help me with my kids so my load seems lighter. Jo can make me laugh so hard my guts hurt! I love watching her grow up(even from afar) what an amazing young women she is becoming! I love that she is so strong willed. She always has been too! I will never forget when she was like 3 and someone was telling her not to do something and she looked them square in the face and she said "You not the boss of me, I the boss of Shane!" (my boyfriend at the time) From day one we knew this kid was going to do many great things in her life and influence many people! The strength she shows by holding on tightly to the things she believes in when not many around her share in her same values, is truly amazing. I love her with all I am. She is such an example to me and to Lacey, I can only pray that Lacey will grow up to be just like her! So to my very best GJO I want to say I love you and hope you had a FABULOUS SWEET 16!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. AAHhhh...that is so sweet. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. She really is the best daughter I could even have asked for. She is our friend as well as the most awesome teenager!! Every mother and auntie dreams of having a JO in their family!!

    ReplyDelete