Thursday, May 7, 2009

Busy bees!


I am not sure why but I feel like I can hardly catch my breath these days! Everything is going so fast! It has been almost 2 weeks since Lacey and I went on our date night! We had a blast. We decided very last minute to go, I had been cleaning the house and she was at a friends playing. She called me about an hour before we would need to head out of town if we were going to go and said "Mom are we going to go see Karli?" I told her it was up to her, she was all over it. So I ran out to get her from her friends and we frantically got ready! After showers were had and hair was done we were on our way to Driggs, I must say it has been 8 months since I had been there. I was looking forward to it, I do miss some things about living there. I made some fabulous friends and had hoped to see some of them at the Jr Miss program. It was kind of strange I saw some that I thought would welcome me with open arms....and yet they acted as if they never new me! My feelings were kinda bent out of shape(yes they really did see me, I myself tried to calm myself with this scenario too!) but then I decided I was fine and went on with my fun time with Lacey.We had a great dinner at O'Rourkes, if you are in the neighborhood of Driggs you really should go,it is pretty great! The onion rings are to die for! We also splurged and had CHEESECAKE Yummo!It is always nice to get to do something with just Lacey and I! After dinner we went to Jr Miss and I must say Karli did an amazing job! She got an award and scholarship for the interview part and over all got 1st attendant! Karli is such an amazing young woman! I miss her dearly! She used to babysit for Lacey and Bridger when Matt and I would venture out in big Driggs! Hahaha yes I am funny I know! Bridger still talks about her, it is one of the things he misses about "our old house" when he makes his list for me. If only I could transplant Karli and her family to Blackfoot, how cool would that be! Anyway all and all it was a FABULOUS date night with Lacey!

5 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm so gad you went. Girls nights with our daughters are important early on. I miss those onion rings. I crave them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey is such a doll! She always has that cute big smile on her face! I can't believe those mean B's acted like they didn't know you. Maybe they are just sad they never got out of Driggs... pha hah aha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww....How fun!! I love the girls nights out. It's so rejuvenating! You two are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun, GIRLS NIGHT!!! I know what you mean about friends. Girls are weird, sorry they were so rude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - I am just getting on my Google Reader to check out friends' blogs and I certainly hope I wasn't the one who didn't welcome you with open arms. I was totally there and even handing out programs at the door & I never saw you come through! I looked for you during intermission when I took Josie to get a drink but I didn't see you so I assumed you decided not to come! Now I feel like crap . . . I so hope it wasn't me. I was wanting to give you a huge hug!!! That's it - I'm calling you tomorrow if I can track down your number . . .

    ReplyDelete