Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Love notes....

One of the many hard things that I have been worried about with this new phase of life was...will I loose Tyler....will he still want to have a relationship with me? It has been very heavy on my heart. I love that young man! I have loved him since he was 3 and I was his "dirlfriend"! I knew it was a possibility that I could loose him. It's been a pretty rough month with health issues and issues with Matt not going so well, and yesterday when I was pretty down and out I got this email from Tyla Jay ( we have called him that for years!)

Mom,

I've done a lot better This week and I received a blessings and its most definitely helped! We taught a total of 34 lessons this week! We have 6 people on date and 4 are in the month of May and on the same week!

Don't worry about me though Mom, I'm sorry you are going through so much right at this moment. Know you are always in my prayers. YOUR son is always here. You raised me as well. You are blood to me Mom. Always will be!!!!!

Love you!

Elder Tyler Jay Melicharek
 
I cried when I read this, big ol crocodile tears. That boy has such a special place in my heart. The fact that he loves me and doesn't want to let our relationship go either, makes this process a little easier. I am grateful he is on a Mission away from this drama. He has such a tender heart so I know this would be killing him. I am so glad he is in tune with what I needed and sent me a note to reassure me. I am so grateful to his Mother for sharing him with me. I am now faced with sharing my kids...and let me say, I didn't realize how hard of a task that was. In fact I should probably reach out and Thank Angie! Tyler is such an amazing son, brother and friend. I am grateful he calls me Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I had tears reading this, too! And the fact that you had a little moment of realizing that Tyler's mom had been doing this for how many years was inspiring.
    I am heartsick thinking if you going through this ordeal. I can't even imagine the thoughts and emotions you're experiencing.
    But I love you and an here in whatever way you might want or need!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such an amazing kid. Partly because he had two mothers to love and care for him. You are such a good Mom to all of your kids. I'm glad Tyler is it this for the long haul. We would all miss him so...but especially you...his first dirlfriend. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete