Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Learning....

My life has been full of learning about myself as of late. It's a journey I didn't realize I needed to go on until I was in the middle of it. I have learned, I am bitter, easy to judge, harsh in my words, and hard on myself. I have forgotten that this life needs to have joy and laughter in it. Not so many put downs and anger. I need to let go of things I can't change or mistakes I have made and carried with me for years. Mistakes don't define a person. However they do change you and shape who you can become, for good or bad. Depending on which road you choose. I heard something the other day that made me ponder about my life....The storm doesn't define who you are, it reveals who you are. I am not sure I like what this storm has revealed. The great thing is I can change it! I can and I will. Life is good. It might not be what I imagined it being....in fact I can say it doesn't even slightly resemble what I pictured what my life would be like. But that doesn't make it a bad life...it's just different. So here is to putting my best foot forward. I am sure I will stumble, and even fall. But I will get back up and keep trying. The only thing standing in my way is myself and it's time I get the hell out of my own way!!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. You. Are. Awesome!! Great job on your check up from the neck up. You can so do this. All that is holding you back is you. I love you and totally have your back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atta Girl Miss Kim! You are awesome and you WILL be okay! Put one foot in front of the other and learn and become better! Our greatest challenges are the ones that refine us the most! Let this refine you not define you!!!!!! I.LOVE.YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally laughed at Lori's check up from the neck up comment :) ha! That is seriously what life is all about...sorry it took crummy circumstances for it to happen, but you are strong and amazing - and life truly is beautiful when you step out in the storm and see the sun! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete