Monday, November 14, 2011
YAY!
I am happy to report that on Saturday we had our Goodwin Thanksgiving (my Mom's family) and Grandma looked so much better then I had imagined she would! They took her to the Doctor as I said last time, and got her on some Medicine, it must be working! She knew who we all were and spoke to each of us. She was getting around pretty darn good too! It did my heart good to see her! I can't tell you all how much I owe my sweet Aunt Pam for caring for my Grandma! It is no easy job to take care of a parent, especially an aging one. I give her so much credit for doing it day in and day out. I am so lucky to have my Mom's family! It's nice to be around them and feel my Mom's love. It's just so comforting to be around someone that knew my Mom and loves her and misses her like I do! My Uncle Stan was also there. Which that in itself is a blessing! In July of this year he had a brain aneurysm. He was in the Hospital in Utah for pretty close to 3 months. My poor Aunt Peggy, I can't even imagine the stress that must have been on her. She is lucky to have some amazing kids that helped her out and visited so many times. Her daughters are simply wonderful! Anyway Uncle Stan was there and he also looked so great! I didn't speak to him much, but that's how Uncle Stan is, he is the strong silent type! HA! Dad spoke with him though and said he was doing well! Our family has been very blessed this year! I am so thankful that both of their health is improving! Yay for family!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow!!! What happy news!
ReplyDeleteI agree - family is ABSOLUTELY where it's at!
Yay for family, indeed! Glad you got to go. It's always a fun time with the Goodwin's. I am very glad that Grandma is doing better as well. Blessings all around!!
ReplyDelete