Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it's time...does he know enough? Has he been taught well? Does he know how much his Dad and I love him? Have we done all we can as parents to ensure he will succeed in life? All these questions I have and in the end even if we haven't it's to late, because it's time! It's time to let go and let him grow to his potential, it's time to see if he has what it takes to soar to higher levels then I ever dreamed were possible. It's time to see the man he will become!! Today my little tiny Tyler Jay graduates High School! My heart is so full! He is such an amazing young man, really he always has been! He has always had a heart of gold! I am so very, very blessed to have him in my life. At the ripe old age of 17 (younger then he is now) I became a step-mom! I had no idea what that really meant at the time. I had no idea how much I would learn from him. I really did get the better end of that deal! He is always so willing to help me out, even when he was little he was right there willing and wanting to help. He has been the best big brother to my kids. They love him so much and miss him when he is at his Mom's house. Today I sit and wonder where did the last 15 years go? I am flooded with memories of that sweet little boy that loved me as his "dirlfriend", and would tell Matt he was going to give him a "knuckle swamich" if he gave me another hug! Haha! He had the cutest little voice! To more recent memories of his struggle to keep his tears back at my Mom's funeral! He was loved by my Mom as if I had carried him in my belly, and he loved her just as much! He is such a tender soul! Today Tyler if I could tell you one thing to carry with you throughout your life I would tell you, to hold on tight, enjoy the ride, love like it was your last day and never live with fear! The world is yours for the taking, so Son I say TAKE IT AND RUN!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great looking kid -- I am positive you've been an awesome influence in his life.

    And, like I said on Facebook, I'm freaking out just a wee bit that, even though he was 3 when you met Matt, you have a GRADUATING SENIOR!!! We are not getting this old. No, no we are not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was always such a sweet little thing. I still love that pic of him and Jo at your wedding. Such a love!!

    ReplyDelete