Thursday, July 2, 2009

FINALLY...The Trip!

OK So I know it has almost been a month since we went to MN and I said I would blog about it long ago, but man my life has been a crazy mess lately! I am not sure if I will get it all done today but I will at least start!

Saturday June 6, 2009
WE ARE OFF!
WOW we left so early that morning, my alarm went off at 12:45 am yes that is right! All I wanted to do was snuggle down in my blanky, but then it hit me as to why my alarm was going off! LORI! LORI! LORI! I was on my way to see my sister and her family! Time to get up, rise and shine! I was pumped up and ready to go! We got the older kids up to get ready. We put Cylie to bed in her car seat so it would be an easy transfer. We all met at my house and we were off by 1:15! I decided if Matt wanted me to take a turn and drive he had better let me right then because I couldn't guarantee how I would feel later in the day! So off we went with me driving, a decision I would soon regret! We were making pretty good time, I even made the mistake to tell myself this! Then on the whindy roads after Big Sky it happened! My car made the LOUDEST noise I had ever heard! It sounded like I dropped the drive line right there on the road! Cylie woke up screaming, Bridger was so confused and there I was DRIVING! I got the car to the side of the road and used the walkie talkies to call the first two cars back! You may be wondering what happened, I will tell you! I HIT A ROCK! A stinking dang rock! I didn't even see the dang thing. Funny thing is (funny now, not then) my dad and Michelle both said as they past it I bet Kimmie hits that! REALLY YOU HAD TO THROW THAT OUT INTO THE UNIVERSE! You may think oh no biggy you can just change the tire then continue on until it's morning time and a tire shop is open you can get it fixed while we eat lunch! HAHAHAHAHA that is what I thought too, until I heard some horrible news, I blew out BOTH tires on the passenger side! Yes really I did, both tires! I was sick to my stomach! I was mad at myself! Poor Lacey kept saying it's OK Mom it's OK mom! I finally said NO LACEY IT'S NOT! Which in hind sight maybe not very nice of me! I was so sad! I had ruined our trip in my eyes and we had just barley started! So we unloaded the stuff we didn't need right away from Michelle and Dad's car and loaded the 4 passengers from my car. We headed to the closest town to waste time until a tire store opened! At that point we had been on the side of the road for about an hour and the sun was just coming up! So to town we went we started at McDonalds, I was so upset, we were all tired and we were trapped and it was my fault! I hate that feeling! We saw a bill board for a tire store that said they were open 24/7 so we called it but alas no answer! We killed about an hour and a half there then we went to the tire store. Let me just say they were so fast, Michelle and I were worried cause it didn't take very long, we thought they weren't going to fix it! Well turned out they couldn't fix the front tire, I blew a hole in the rim! Nice uh! Thankfully our spare tire is a full sized tire and not a doughnut! So the boys decided they would drop Michelle and I and the kids off at the Burger King so they could play while the boys went back and fixed the tire. So there we sat at another fast food joint!Needless to say my name on that trip was ROCKSTAR! Awe the sweet sweet memories! Any way they got the tires fixed and down the road we went after a 5 hour detour! We drove and drove and drove! It took forever! We stopped in Bismark for some dinner, we decided to do a sit down meal, I snuck away and asked our server to bring Lacey a special birthday treat! They brought her an ice cream sunday and we sang happy birthday! That poor girl what a horrible day for a birthday! She was such a good sport! We had entertained the idea of staying in Bismark, but we didn't, we really should have! We pulled into Lori's house at 12:15 local time! Almost a full 24hour trip! UGH! The boys were so tired and I know in my heart my mom was pulling our cars safely to Lori's doors. Our eyes were slamming shut, Matt was "seeing things" run across the road as was Dad when really there was nothing there! Michelle and Les fared a little better, they were able to try and sleep and take shifts driving but they were still dead tired! We crammed ourselves around Lori's bar and watch Lacey open her few presents. She wanted money so she didn't have much to open. I didn't have my camera handy ya know since it was so late and all! We sang Happy Birthday then headed to bed to CRASH!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, good times!! You are my own Rockstar. For anyone to drive the yucky, long road to my house makes me feel loved indeed. Thanks for coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you hit a rock & blew both tires.... I'm laughing hysterically at this right now... ROCKSTAR indeed!

    ReplyDelete